Have you set a goal to run a 5k this year? That’s exactly my 2012 New Year’s Resolution. And I know that it will not be an easy feat seeing as I have not run in over 15 years and have quite a few extra pounds on my short frame. 🙂 Some people think I won’t be able to do because I’m 41, too out of shape, etc. Some people think I will do it because I’m determined and dedicated. (I do love those people) What do I think? I think I will do it. Here is why I THINK I CAN:
1. I have run in 2 5k races before (although they were YEARS ago)
2. I’m starting small, I mean like tiny, really it’s microscopic when you think about where I’m headed!
3. I’m focusing on my endurance, NOT my weight
4. I know how good it feels after running, and I WANT that feeling
5. It’s free-running doesn’t cost any money, and I don’t have to travel to do it-I just have to travel “while” doing it
6. I know how satisfied I will feel that I have set a goal and accomplished it
7. I’m already a member of the Nerdy Book Club, and I want to be a member of that I Am A Runner Club
8. I really want to prove to myself AND the ones who “don’t believe” that I CAN do it
9. I want that t-shirt-you know to wear around and have everybody ask me. “Where did you get that running t-shirt?” and I will answer, “Oh, I ran in a 5k.” 🙂
So, if you’re hesitant about getting started OR just need some more information about the whole training for a 5k thing-pick one of the above listed items and GO FOR IT!!! YOU CAN DO IT AND SO CAN I!!! 🙂
And if you need some more information, I’ve found some for you and me at this link:
JUST DO IT!