I feel like I did great on week 2 of the Ready for Summer Challenge. Especially Mon-Wed. :)
1. My longest run this week was 6.5 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo! And I hadn’t even planned to run that far, but just felt like I could keep running. :) My time was 1:21:43.
2. I did GREAT with 2 fruits each day. *patting myself on the back* I still need to plan better for the veggies, but I did ok with them throughout the week. I didn’t reach my goal of 2 per day but I did eat: broccoli, green beans, carrots, spinach leaves, cucumbers, squash, grilled eggplant at a Mediterranean rest.
3. I am slowly getting to my goal of 125. The last time I weighed (Saturday) I was at 132 which is down from 133.4 last week. If that is different tomorrow morning I will update this post. :)
4. GET READY for this one. You know how I said I eventually want to get into a size 6? I know that not ALL pants/jeans/capris are sized the same so I am sure that I can still wear some size 10, BUT…..the size 8 jeans of my daughters are a little too loose. :) :) :) AND-I went to Cato’s to try on a size 6. They fit, but I thought ummm..why not just try on a size 4 while I’m here? I FIT INTO THE 4!!!!! Now remember-I do know that I won’t be able to fit into all size 4 pants!!! But I fit into these!! So yes, I bought them!!!
New exercise-Interval training. HIIT to be exact which stands for High Intensity Interval Training. And because it was soooooooo high intensity-I only did it 1 time! :) But I do want to continue to do this 2-3 times a week because I felt the burn!!!! It was supposed to be a 15 minute workout where I would sprint for 8 seconds then jog for 12 seconds-repeating for 15 minutes. 8 seconds is a loooong time! Just ask me or any bullrider! :) I can definitely see where this type of workout will burn fat!!
Here are my goals for this week:
Stay sane. :) My daughter’s senior prom is Friday!!!! Our state testing is this week at school! I have a conference that I have to go to Friday night (probably around 2 am AFTER the prom) and Saturday. I have a “Save Our Schools” Rally at 2pm on Saturday. My daughter’s 18th b’day is this weekend. So I might make a mini-goal of getting through the week WITHOUT taking some anxiety medicine. :) Oh, and I forgot-I haven’t done our taxes yet!!! AND my part-time job stuff is due by Friday and I am NOT finished! :)
OK-where was I? My goals for this week:
1. Run 5 times this week with 1 run being 6 miles
2. Get some protein and healthy eating into my days-I want to start eating some oatmeal and fish. Not together. :) Try the 2 veggies per day.
3. Do at least 2 HIIT workouts
4. 50 crunches per day with some jumping jacks and squats-I want to tone up
Good luck to everyone else on the challenge!!! What’s a new goal that you have set for yourself?